Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Table Settings

An empty table is a blank canvas, waiting to be topped and decorated with loved, passed down and treasured finds, some new, some old. No rules apply for setting a fabulous table, and if you think there are, break them. You can decorate a beautiful table with things found around your house, things can match or NOT! It can be simple or as fancy and elaborate as you want to create. I thought this weekend would be a great time to do a blog on ‘Table Settings‘.

Here are some beautiful examples:
 

 One of my favorites is Gwyneth Paltrow’s Table Setting.     


                                                             Photos: Remodelista


Photos: Country Living

7 comments:

adrielleroyale said...

Lovely!! I don't think I've eaten at such a lovely table for quite some time! My mother used to do some of this (although perhaps not quite so elaborately) but I'm afraid I have not taken up any of that yet. Maybe now that I have entered my thirties... :)

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, and how ANY southern girl would love any and all of these vignettes, dahlin'!! what southern table would be complete without homemade lemonade and flowing table cloths and fresh cut flowers and a sparkling chandelier!!! beautiful, lady, simply beautifully southern!!!

Gail said...

Wonder settings!

I have a curtain then a throw layered on my table.

It's always fun to use different things.

La Petite Gallery said...

beautiful post, Happy Easter.

yvonne

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Adrielle, I think I am a little bit obsessed with table settings.:) I've always loved collecting unique dishes and pieces to use in my table settings. I really do see a table as a blank canvas, always fun and challenging to see how creative I can be. Start playing around with it, you'll have fun. :) xOx

My twin, I know you like doing these things to, afterall, we're just alike.:) You've been on my mind the past couple of days. Let me know how you are doing. I hope it is a little warmer where you are. We had one week of summer weather, and now it is back to cool and breezy. My Internet, TV, and phone was out for 5 hours today, must have been some storms close by. (Not sure I like having everything on one service, when one goes out, they all go.):( Wishing you a beautiful weekend. xOx

Gail, sounds beautiful. Sounds like something I would do. :) Happy Easter to you! xOx

Yvonne, thanks so much for the visit. Happy Easter to you. xOx

anna and molly said...

These pictures make me want to have a garden party. I absolutely love old wood with colorful tablecloths or DIY lights. Love it!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

anna and molly, so do I, love old wood...and anything colorful. :) Thanks so much for visiting, and wishing you a lovely Easter DAY.

xOx